SO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR FIRETOYS, EH??
Firetoys is the leading manufacturer and retailer of top quality circus and juggling equipment on the planet (or so we believe). We pride ourselves on our amazing customer services, our highly efficient e-commerce systems and top quality product lines. As such we can only accept truly dedicated and motivated people amongst our ranks.
All currently available positions are advertised below.
Type: Full-time Permanent
Interviews start: 10/07/18
We are looking for a dispatch assistant to join our busy UK team in our Brighton facilities.
Duties will include processing daily orders, preparing large international shipments for dispatch, preparation and packaging of some of our locally manufactured items (including fabrics) as well as assisting the other dispatch officers with various duties.
The ideal candidate will be punctual, self-motivated, diligent and able to work under pressure. You will need to be IT confident and be happy to learn our processing software. As the work is warehouse based, you will need to be physically fit and happy to climb ladders.
Starting rate £8 per hour. Standard terms and benefits apply.
Some of the benefits include:
- cycle to work scheme after 6 months
- training courses after 6 months
- childcare vouchers after 3 months
- regular office outings and events
- the best coffee in town
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIANS (x2)
Type: Full-time Temporary
We are looking for 2 people to build a large number of timber units in our warehouse. The work will involve precisely cutting, drilling, gluing and screwing chipboard shelving according to our spec and fixing them in place to our unit walls. Our Production Manager will be project managing the build and providing assistance as and when needed. All the tools and required equipment will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have good experience working with power tools and timber, and be used to working to exact measurements. We are expecting excellent quality results, so if you have an eye for detail and fingers to match then please get in touch. You will need to be strong enough to be able to lift up to 30 kg shelves and be prepared to work at height on safety ladders
This contract is for 3 weeks (15 days) at 8 hrs per day. Rate is £10 per hour.Additional work may be available after the contract terms.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your experience-->
Type: Full-time permanent
Interviews start: TBC
We are looking for another Assistant Technician to join our busy UK manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will be driven and self-motivated and be happy to work alongside the skilled fabricators and other junior techs assisting them with their projects in hand.
Main duties will include:
- Stock control of raw materials and consumables
- Managing deliveries, unloading and stocking in
- Assisting Senior Technicians with cutting, drilling, grinding, welding and other manufacturing processes
- Organising and packing finished products to a high standard
- Maintaining the clean and tidy workshop environment
- Ensuring Firetoys Quality Standards, health and Safety and other key processes are respected and adhered to.
- Good secondary level education
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Physically fit with good hand eye co-ordination
- Confident with manual assembly and handling power tools
- Keen self-motivated attitude
- Computer literate and comfortable with MS Windows business environments
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not essential
Hours and pay
- Holiday pay and standard benefits apply
- Full-time working hours: Mon - Thu 7am - 3:30pm, Fri 7am - 12:30pm with 30 mins for lunch
- Starting wage £8/h
- 6 week probation period
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with details of why you think you would be suitable for the job.