Fibre 3 Contact Fire Staff - 150cm (5ft)
The Fibre 3 Contact Fire Staff is the 3rd generation of our ultra-strong pure fibreglass core fire staffs. The Fibre 3 range has been specifically designed to be used as contact staffs. The fiberglass core is heavy, resulting in an outstanding amount of momentum. This means that the Fibre 3s continue to rotate, and feel like they're stuck to you, even at slow speeds.
The 150cm version is a fantastic staff for single contact. The long length amplifies the weight at the ends to give it an astonishing amount of momentum - many experienced contact staffers prefer these longer lengths for that reason. However, the 150cm is starting to get a bit long for doubles, unless you're quite tall and strong.
The Fibre 3s have a number of innovative features:
- The fibreglass core is so strong that these staffs are virtually indestructible. Fibreglass also doesn't conduct heat well meaning the shaft will not get hot, even after repeated burns. The discreet flex provided by the core is firm enough to not hinder play but it can still absorb shock from the highest throws.
- Aluminium heat shields and bash guards cover 37.5cm of either end of the staff. These help to concentrate weight at the extremities adding momentum and fluidity to the staff.
- The 150cm model comes equipped with two whopping burners each made from 80cm of 100mm wide wick, considerably more than most other brands of fire staff. The large wicks guarantee long lasting and consistent burns and add further weight to the ends of the staff providing yet more momentum.
- There are two types of grip available on the Fibre 3s; silicone or cushion grip:
The silicone grip provides a huge amount of friction and is fused to the core with a heat and fuel proof silicone adhesive. The silicone grip also comes marked with a centre point and two other handy points equidistant from the centre. These two marks are usefully positioned at the areas you would hold the staff for entry into moves like the SNES or Matrix.
The cushion grip is the same padded grip we use on our aluminium staffs, only twice the length. This gives a large area of friction that will forgive those little inaccuracies. The cushion grip performs slightly better than the silicone in wet conditions and is easily re-gripped. Unfortunately the extra cost of this quality grip means the staff is slightly more expensive than its silicone counterpart.
- Most other, non-Firetoys, staffs have a limited lifespan as the wicks are secured with screws that eventually wear away the core. The bolts we use to attach the wick to the shaft go right through the entire burner and screw into each other ensuring the wicks are tightly secured and easy to replace. The biggest advantage these bolts give our staffs over others on the market is that they won't cause deterioration to the core during re-wicking as they screw into each other and not the core. This greatly increases the life of our fire staffs.
The Fibre 3 Contact Fire Staffs have been tried and tested by many awesome contact staffers who have provided feedback resulting in the work horse of a staff you see before you. The Fibre 3s are hugely popular and have become a favourite among contact staff spinners in the UK and internationally. Have a look at this contact staff performance for inspiration.
New to contact staff? Check out this instructional book on the basics.
All our own props are manufactured in our sustainably powered, 1700 square foot workshop.
|Country of Manufacture||
|Amount of Wick (per burner)||
80cm x 100mm
|Staff Spinning Style||
Single Spinning, Contact
Fibre 3 Contact Fire Staff - 150cm (5ft)
A staff tutorial DVD that will take you from absolute beginner to advanced contact staff spinner. Staff Manipulation is a must have for any aspiring staff spinner.£14.95 5 in stock
An instructional staff DVD that is aimed purely at contact staff. If you already have some staff spinning ability and want to learn contact, this is the DVD for you.£17.42 Out of stock
Out of stock
Probably the best juggling fire staffs in the world! Also great for double staff manipulation or as a first fire staff.£33.00 Out of stock
Out of stock
Learn to spin double staffs with this great DVD from MCP.£14.95 1 in stock
Build solid foundations with this contact staff book for beginners.£9.95 132 in stock
Our Delivery Promise
We don't mess about! All orders placed before 4pm on working days are despatched same day - that's our promise. Working days are Monday to Friday throughout the year excluding UK bank holidays (read more).
UK Delivery Options
We offer free UK shipping for all orders over £35 - can't say fairer than that! (Some remote and offshore postcodes are excluded.)
Standard delivery costs £3.95. This service generally takes 1 to 2 working days, however it is not a guaranteed service and we have to wait 10 working days before we can resend should the parcel get lost in the post (extremely rare).
We offer a Guaranteed Next Working Day service for £6.95 (Monday to Friday - next working day orders placed before 4pm on Fridays will be delivered on the following Monday. Orders after 4pm Fridays and over the weekend will be delivered on the following Tuesday). If the order has not arrived the following working day by 7pm (again this is very rare) your postage will be refunded in full and your goods will be delivered free of charge (read more).
Worldwide Delivery Options
We have many services available to deliver your goods around the world based on your order size and address. After you have entered address at checkout, a list of options will be presented to you from budget services to urgent FedEx deliveries. We can generally get most items to any major cities in the world within 2 days (read more).
You can return unwanted item within 60 days for a full no quibble refund (as long as the item is still in the same condition). All goods carry a 12 month manufacturers guarantee unless otherwise stated (read more).
Please note that aerial acrobatics equipment has separate Aerial Acrobatics Returns Policy